Food I've made that I want to remember to make again. Some people write their recipes down on index cards and store them in the kitchen. I write mine down in this blog and share them with you.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 1 1/2 cups butter
  • 4 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 large can pumpkin
  • 3 tsp vanilla
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 3 tsp baking soda
  • 3 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 7 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 (12oz) bag mini chocolate chips



Mix the butter, sugar, eggs, and pumpin for a few minutes. 
Add the baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg and mix until well incorporated. 
Add the flour a few cups at a time and slowly mix so that it doesn't go flying everywhere!  The batter will be very stiff and you may have to finish mixing it by hand if it becomes too hard on your mixer. 
Stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet.  The cookies will not spread out during baking so you can place them close together on the pan.  I would normally bake 12 cookies a time on my cookie sheet and I was baking aprox 30 at a time of these cookies.
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. 

This makes about 12 dozen cookies, so you will have plenty to share! 


I got this recipe from my mom.  She uses shortening, but I didn't have any so I replaced it with butter.  I can't tell a difference in the cookies, so feel free to use which ever you prefer.  These are one of my all time favorite cookies because they are so moist; however they are not for everyone.  They never lasted long at our house growing up (even though it makes 7 dozen), but they are not always a hit with outsiders.  Some people love them and some people hate them (those people just don't realize a what a good cookie taste like).  If you like pumpkin pie and chocolate chips I think you will like these cookies. 

They are a moist cake like cookie that I think is a perfect fit for a fall day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment