Food I've made that I want to remember to make again. Some people write their recipes down on index cards and store them in the kitchen. I write mine down in this blog and share them with you.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes


I'm not really sure you can count this is a "recipe", but I love it so much that I'm blogging it so that I will never forget about these pancakes.  I love pancakes because they are sweet, easy, and cheap.  I can't think of any meal that cost less to make than pancakes and that is why we eat them often when our budget it tight.  Including the creamer ($1.50) the cost of all the ingredients is right around $4.00 and I can make many many pancake dinners for the 2 of us with one box of pancake mix.  

Our pancakes are almost always flavored with whatever I have in the kitchen.  I usually add a little bit of vanilla or (mmmmmmm) almond extract.  Since we do not drink a lot of coffee I rarely have liquid creamers in the fridge, but on those special occassions that I splurge and buy flavored creamers we have some mighty good pancakes!

These pancakes are flavored with Pumpkin Spice creamer from Coffee Mate.  I just substitue some of the water with creamer until I get the taste I'm looking for.  There is no measuring at all when it comes to pancakes!  I just dump stuff together until it looks good.  I would guess I used about 2 tablespoons of creamer to make these 6 small pancakes.  You can use powdered creamer too, but the liquid creamer gives it a richer flavor (and usually comes in a wider variety of flavors). 

What an easy way to turn regular pancakes into "gourmet" pancakes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment