Food I've made that I want to remember to make again. Some people write their recipes down on index cards and store them in the kitchen. I write mine down in this blog and share them with you.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies


**Better picture coming soon**

I have tried many different chocolate chip cookie recipes over the years, but my favorite is the one you find on the back of the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip bag.  Mrs. Fields and Nieman Marcus have nothing on Nestle Toll House! 

1 cup (2 sticks) butter - softened
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 bag of mini chocolate chips

Mix everything together and bake @375 for 9-11 minutes.  If your a little on the crazy side (like I sometimes am) you can roll each spoonful of dough between your hands to form a perfect ball.  This will ensure that all cookies come out in perfect circles.  Yep, sometimes I'm a loser and I try to make my cookies look perfect (for the 10 seconds they last before they get eaten). 

Recipe says this makes 60 cookies...but I've never gotten 60 cookies out of it!  I make my cookies larger than recommended and I might eat a little bit of the dough....

Since there are just two of us I usually mix the dough up on Sunday and put it in the refrigerator that way I can pull it out after dinner during the week and make one pan of cookies for dessert...night after night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment